Home

6 5 Creedmoor vs 308 Win

The 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Winchester are both short action rifle cartridges with a .475 bolt face. The 6.5 Creedmoor also has a steeper 30 degree neck angle compared to the 20 degree neck angle of the 308 Win. The 6.5 Creedmoor fires 6.5mm or .246 caliber projectiles where as the 308 Winchester fires .30 caliber projectiles The .308 Winchester has a slightly longer same case length (1.92″ vs 2.015″), but the 6.5 Creedmoor has a little bit longer overall length (2.825″ vs 2.81″). The 6.5 Creedmoor has a sharper shoulder angle and a slightly less tapered case than the .308 At 500 yards, 6.5 Creedmoor is moving around 2078 feet per second, while .308 Winchester has slowed down to 1963 feet per second. For long distance shooting, this is excellent. Source: huntinggearguy.co The .308 Win. doesn't kick as much as other .30-caliber cartridges, but you'll feel a noticeable (albeit slight) difference when shooting the 6.5 and the .308 side by side. It's also worth noting that in my experience, the 6.5 Creedmoor sounds better when using a suppressor

The 6.5 Creedmoor shoots smaller diameter and generally more aerodynamic bullets than the. 308 Winchester. Therefore, the 6.5 Creedmoor has a slightly flatter trajectory, a little less wind drift, and less recoil. See: https://huntingtopic.com/6-5-creedmoor-vs-308 Simply put, the 308 Winchester is an older design, and the 6.5 Creedmoor is a straight upgrade similar to the 30-06 Springfield to 308 Winchester transition in the 1950s. With similar muzzle velocity, a flatter trajectory similar to a 300 Win Mag, a longer effective range, lower wind drift and bullet drop, higher ballistic coefficient, and less recoil, the 6.5 Creedmoor is clearly the superior round

6.5 Creedmoor vs. 308 Winchester - A Ballistic Comparison ..

Trajectory - 6.5 Creedmoor vs .308. With a lighter bullet and better downrange speed, the 6.5 Creedmoor also has less downrange drop. Looking at the rounds we referenced above (Power-Shok from Federal) we see the .308 Winchester dropping 4.1 inches after 200 yards and 15.4 inches after 300 yards. The 6.5 Creedmoor drops 3.8 inches at 200 yards and 14.1 after 300 yards. Advantage: 6.5 Creedmoor (Slight advantage 6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester - YouTube. 6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester. Watch later. Share. Copy link. Info. Shopping. Tap to unmute. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your. The .308 Winchester vs the 6.5 Creedmoor As compared to .308 Winchester the 6.5 Creedmoor shoots high aerodynamic bullets in small diameters. It also has less recoil, less wind drift, and a flatter trajectory than .308 Winchester A 500 yardas, 6.5 Creedmoor se mueve alrededor de 2078 pies por segundo, mientras que .308 Winchester se ha desacelerado a 1963 pies por segundo. Para disparos a larga distancia, esto es excelente. Pero, ¿recuerdas esa mortalidad de .308 Winchester de la que hablamos antes? .308 Winchester es uno de los cartuchos de rifle de caza mayor más efectivos del mundo

The 6.5 Creedmoor might be that gun. Also, 6.5 ammunition may or may not be easy to buy in your area, it just depends on your region. The .308 Winchester is also a very solid choice for hunting big game and has taken countless animals all around the world. Ammunition comes in more variety, and larger grains, than the 6.5 Compare that to the 6.5 Creedmoor, which is sending a 140 grain bullet out at 2710 fps with a better BC of .526-.535, the Creedmoor is sending a ballistically superior bullet at higher speed. So the 308 has more selection and availability, but the 6.5 Creedmoor is using ballistically better bullets. Those bullets drop less at range and drift less in the wind I am commenting on the 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester debate, because it never seems to stop getting talked about. As a reloader, I get a lot of questions about the ballistics of specific cartridges, and one of the most common cartridge comparisons that I get asked about is the 6.5 Creedmoor versus the .308 Winchester Which rifle should you buy? A 6.5 Creedmoor or a .308 Win? It's a tough choice and both rounds have their own unique charms, but we think that Creedmoor has taken over the mid-sized game hunting market. A Creedmoor can shoot targts and critters at 1000 yards and bigger game at 400-600 yards. It's simply more versatile

6.5-Creedmoor-vs-.308-Winchester Due to the size and muzzle velocity of the projectile, it is a great round for hunting, especially for long distance shots or taking down big game. However, the shape of the projectile paired with the relatively flat trajectory make it an extremely accurate round for target shooting as well Wrap Up - 6.5 Creedmoor Vs 308 Win. No matter what you may think of the 6.5 Creedmoor or the 308 Win, there is no denying the fact that both of these calibers are easily two of the most popular hunting rounds in the country. Both are very accurate to long ranges, provide plenty of knockdown power, and are very fun to shoot Just like the story of the 7mm-08 Remington and the 6.5 Creedmoor, the story of the .243 Winchester and the 6.5 Creedmoor really begins with the .308 Winchester. Winchester unveiled the cartridge we now know as the .308 Winchester back in 1952 and the new cartridge quickly developed a reputation for accuracy, power, and efficiency with hunters and shooters

The 6.5 has less recoil. The .308 has a much wider variety of components. The .30 caliber components are less expensive. The 6.5 is a little easier to shoot precisely. For a hunting gun, and where the OP said he doubts he will be shooting over 300 yards, primarily for deer it makes zero difference, which you choose The heated conversation about 6.5 Creedmoor Vs. 308 Winchester has been going on for years. Even though the 6.5 is a newer cartridge, it has managed to win the hearts of many. The 308 Winchester, on the other hand, is known for its military-grade precision and top-notch accuracy and is also preferred by many hunters and professional shooters

Test: Ruger Precision Rifle im Kaliber 6,5 Creedmoor und .308 Winchester. Das jüngste Präzisionsrepetiergewehr von Sturm, Ruger & Co. wurde in den USA mit viel Enthusiasmus gefeiert. Von uns bereits vor geraumer Zeit in Kurzform vorgestellt, muss die Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR) nun im 100 Meter- und 500 Meter-Test ran A 6.5 Creedmoor with a 143 grain ELD-X bullet going 2700 fps reaches the minimum energy to kill a deer at just over 750 yards, it reaches the minimum energy to kill an elk at 400 yards. A 300 Win Mag firing a 210 Berger VLD hunting bullet at 2900 fps will have enough energy to kill a deer at past 1200 yards and an elk at just past 900 yards At the 300 yard mark, we see that the .243 Win rounds are close to the 1,000ft.lbs range while the average for the 6.5 Creedmoor is still above the 1,500ft.lbs mark. At 500 yards, the .243 Win has fallen well below 1,000ft.lbs while the 6.5 CM is still safely above the 1,000ft.lbs mark For a head-to-head comparison of 6.5 Creedmoor vs.308 Winchester ballistics, click here.308 Winchester (.308 Win) is arguably the most popular short-action big game hunting caliber in the world. It's tough to name a rifle caliber more proven on the hunt, in law enforcement use, or for precision competition. .308 Winchester's balance of power, accuracy, and affordability have made it one of. 6.5 Creedmoor vs. .308 Winchester Conclusion. It makes sense for the military to increasingly use the 6.5 CM vs .308 Winchester for its increased performance at long distance engagements but as you saw above, the current price is simply not affordable for the average consumer

The 140-grain 6.5 Creedmoor and the 168-grain .308 Win. both leave the muzzle at 2,700 fps, and the trajectories stay pretty even out to 500 yards. The Creedmoor needs 10.0 MOA of holdover, while. 308 Win vs. 6.5 Creedmoor Ballistics Both cartridges maintain relatively similar physical specifications. Each has the same max pressure, nearly identical casings and diameters, similar overall case capacities, and similar overall lengths, allowing both loads to fit in a short action like the AR-10 and LR-308 When it comes to long range shooting, two calibers that cannot be ignored are the 6.5 Creedmoor and the venerable 308 Winchester. Although the 308 Winchester (7.62 NATO) has been a staple in the long-range target shooting community since its inception over 60 years ago, the 6.5 Creedmoor simply outperforms the 308 Winchester in almost every category when shooting out past 500 yards Download our exclusive shooting targets for FREE ($47 value) .308 Winchester is a wildly popular and outstanding cartridge. Serving the military, hunters, and sportsman alike for decades — it is a classic round with accuracy, punch, and wide availability. 7.62x51mm or. 308 Winchester. 6.5 Creedmoor has made massive gains in the past 10 years.

6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester Debate Settled Big Game ..

1. The cartridge rim of the 6.5 Creedmoor is identical to the 308 Winchester, which means all that is needed to convert a precision rifle or semi-automatic rifle chambered in 308 Winchester to 6.5 Creedmoor is a barrel change. No need to buy a new rifle! Continue reading 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients at Ammo.com
  2. Hello, I am getting into long range target shooting and rarely deer hunting. I can not decide whether to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, or .308. I am looking for something that can give me a good ballistic coefficient, barrel life, accuracy both at 200 and 1000 yards, twist rate, and enough power..
  3. But if you were to compared apples to apples, you'd compare 107's in 6.5 to 155's in 308, where now the gap in recoil expands even more. Or compare 200 grain 30 cal to 140 grain 6.5. One of the softest recoiling rifles I've shot was a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser with a reduced load of 140 hybrids going 2650 fps

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester TheGunZon

1. 5 or 600 yards is well within the limits of a good 308. Hits with my Sako TRG 22 in 308 are easy out to 750. Beyond that you really need good ammo and perfect placement. I also have a 6.5 creedmoor. If I'm shooting beyond 750 then I use it. Both the 308 and 6.5 creedmoor have accurate reasonably priced ammo
  2. 6,5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester Marek Czerwiński 7 maja 2018 roku przedstawiciel amerykańskiego dowództwa wojsk specjalnych US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) poinformował o wyborze amunicji 6,5 mm Creedmoor (6,5 CM) do broni snajperskiej i wyborowej
  3. Although the 308 Winchester (7.62 NATO) has been a staple in the long-range target shooting community since its inception over 60 years ago, the 6.5 Creedmoor simply outperforms the 308 Winchester in almost every category when shooting out past 500 yards
  4. .308 Winchester vs. 6.5 Creedmoor rifle options. In most cases, rifle options is a huge limiting factor when it comes to choosing a caliber. However, in the case of .308 Winchester vs. the 6.5 Creedmoor, any rifle that comes in one of these calibers almost certainly will be available in the other
  5. 6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Win $ 1,300.00 $ 1,200.00. This isn't going to be an ernest comparison of the relative merits of 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308, because I don't think there's much point. It all comes down to marketing these days and we think Creedmoor is the medium-range, mid-sized game hunting round of the future..
  6. ant today

Caliber Battle: .308 Win. vs. 6.5 Creedmoor MeatEater ..

That doesn't make Creedmoor bolts incompatible with .308 but Creedmoor bolts are built that way to address a known issue with using a standard .308 bolt and Creedmoor ammo. 6.5 C bcg will have a smaller firing pin hole machined in bolt, aka high pressure bolt. Still compatible for 308 win Even though the length of the 6.5 Creedmoor case is comparable to .308 Winchester, it can accommodate long range shooting better and without much difficulty. As for any drawbacks, the 6.5 Creedmoor bullets excel at putting the average deer to sleep. But when it comes to elk, moose, and other animals, it might seem lackluster Note this table is comparing 16.5″ and 26″ 6.5 Creedmoor loads against a 22″ 308 Winchester with a 175 grain Sierra MatchKing (SMK) and 24″ 300 Winchester Magnum with a 190 SMK. At 1,000 yards, the 26″ 120 grain 6.5 Creedmoor requires 2.2 mil less of elevation and 0.4 mil less of drift over the 22″ 308/175 There is nothing a .308 Win can do that a 6.5 Creedmoor can't, with less recoil. You can regurgitate ft lbs of energy numbers from 1955 thinking but a well-constructed 140+ 6.5 bullet fired from a 6.5 Creedmoor will pretty much out penetrate any bullet a .308 can throw. Less recoil means better placement

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 WinchesterNo Contest - The Truth ..

So 6.5 Creedmoor performs better at range. No surprise; it's supposed to do that, being made from the start for long-range target shooting. It also does well in a crosswind thanks to high ballistic coefficient. No matter the range, a 6.5 Creedmoor bullet will have much less wind drift compared to a .308 Winchester Wondering about the main differences between 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308? You are on the right site now. Our writing below will give you the best explanation ever

Video: 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Caliber Comparison by Ammo.co

Commercial .308 Winchester ammunition came first. The two ammunition types ended up differently. Similar to the 5.56 NATO versus .223 Remington comparison, the difference between .308 Winchester and 7.62 NATO is in the chamber, but it's in a different location The 6.5 Creedmoor uses skinnier, lighter bullets and its faster downrange than .308. However, the 6.5 Creedmoor is very popular as a great selection for medium to long range (500-1000 yards) shooting. Which is why the military has incorporated this into some of their specialized rifles for long range targets When used for longer periods, there is another difference that comes to light that brass in 6.5 Creedmoor lasts longer than the .308 Winchester, making it more durable. Available Ammo The bullets for the .308 Winchester weight about 150 grains, while those for 6.5 Creedmoor weigh 30 grains lighter at 120 grains Lots of good information here, but let me provide a bit of my opinion, experience and synopsis First, let me say for deer (East Coast sized deer), either work fine and the ballistic differences between the two are a lot of noise and nonsense! For.. 6.5 Creedmoor Vs 308 Winchester: WIND. If you were holding onto any hope the money you bet on the 308 being victorious in the 6.5 Creedmoor Vs 308 Winchester matchup, prepare to have your hopes dashed. Please understand, the 308 is a fine cartridge, I have one and it's greatbut there's really no contest here

6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic ..

1. 308 Winchester vs 6.5 Creedmoor. 308 Winchester vs 6.5 Creedmoor. Réponse 1: Je sais à quel point le Creedmoor 6.5 est bon. Comment ne pourais-je pas? les gens en parlent comme si c'était la seconde venue du Christ. Je sais qu'il a moins de recul, une meilleure balistique, et toute arme à feu 308 peut y être chambrée en remplaçant un canon
  2. I guess that the .308 Win would probably be best within 300m for hunting, but having just recently watched a family hunt by John X Safaris, 2 young kids shooting with a 6.5 Creedmoor (even Gemsbok at I believe 480 yards), got me thinking whether it is necessary to go with the old, trusty .308, or whether it might be better to get a 6.5CM/.260.
  3. My Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor can ring a 3 gong at 575 yards. My Howa .300 Win Mag sandbagged a whitetail at 425 yards last year. And my Ruger .308 got a coyote at 40 yards through heave brush. The nice thing regarding 6.5 Creedmoor is there are ton of different ammo manufacturers now compared to 2 years ago
  4. The 6.5mm Creedmoor (6.5×48 mm), designated 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6.5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P. or 6.5 CM or 6.5 CRDMR for short, is a centerfire rifle cartridge introduced by Hornady in 2007. It was developed by Hornady senior ballistics scientist Dave Emary in partnership with Dennis DeMille, the Vice-President of Product Development at Creedmoor Sports, hence the name
  5. 6.5 with 156gr Oryx is abolutely deadly as short to medium range on even large animals. With a 140gr premium bullet you can hunt anything short of big Eland. With a high BC 130gr bullet you amost give nothing up to a .270 Get a 6.5 Creed or Swede, even the 260 is fine as you will import cases and reload for almost any caliber

308 Winchester Vs 6.5 Creedmoor Elk Calibers Or Not? 04-14-2017, 05:30 PM. What would be YOUR Ideal Elk Caliber If not the Two Above! Tags: None. Treestand. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Join. The key difference between 6.5 Grendel & 308 lies in the purpose of using either firearm. Grendel 6.5mm, unlike the 6.5 Creedmoor, is an intermediate cartridge designed exclusively for AR 15, while the 308 is for civilian hunting, target shooting, or snipers. In 2007, the 6.5 Grendel was initially created for long-range targets, while the 308. 6.5 Creedmoor: A Brief History. The 6.5. Creedmoor is the brainchild of Hornady Manufacturing Company. Inspired by the classic .308 Winchester, the Creedmoor was developed specifically for long range target shooting in partnership with Creedmoor Sports, from which its name is derived

The Definitive Guide to 6

1. Comparing the 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308. Compare the 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 and, you'll find the smaller cartridge will retain supersonic velocities for an additional 200+ yards, avoiding that transonic dirty air that can give unpredictable results, and making hits at the 1,000-1,200 yard range a bit easier
  2. Between 6.5 Creedmoor vs 6.5 Grendel, we pick the 6.5 Creedmoor because it performs better in target and precision shooting. It has a longer practical effective range and stands head and shoulders above the 6.5 Grendel for precision long-range shooting. Pushing it out to 1,200 yards or more in a precision rifle is plausible
  3. Enter the .308. The semi-automatic M1 Garand is probably the most famous rifle chambered in .30-06.It was deployed extensively in World War II and the Korean War. But, advancements in ammo propellant allowed Winchester to develop a smaller round with similar ballistics to the .30-06.. While the .30-06 was meant for rifles with a long action, the .308 was meant for short action rifles
  4. Sub MOA plate 500 yards - 6.5 Creedmoor .300 Win Mag .260 Rem .308 Win 30-06.308Win vs 7.62x51. 6.5mm Creedmoor Caliber Profile: 9 things you didn't know. 6 5 Creedmoor Versus 270 Winchester.223 vs .308. TOP 5 Best Scopes for 6.5 Creedmoor - Madman Review

The 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Winchester are often compared by professional shooters, deerstalkers, and hunters. And although most of them have a favorite, no one can precisely pinpoint which one is better than the other As their names imply the biggest difference between the 6mm Creedmoor and the 6.5 Creedmoor is the bullet class. The 6.5 Creedmoor shoots 6.5mm/.264 class projectiles while the 6mm Creedmoor is necked down to shoot 6mm/.243. bullets. The Eagle Eye 6.5 Creedmoor shoots a 130gr hybrid projectile with a .295 G7 at 2,960fps from an average 26 barrel In my humble opinion, I believe that bullet weight to bullet weight, the 6.5 is more ballistically superior over .308 - speaking in terms of bullets, not cartridges! That being said, I shoot a 6.5x55 Swede in a Remmy 700 and a .308 Win in a Ruger M77 both with 22 tubes The 308 was designed as a military round. The 6.5 Creedmoor was designed for better long-range performance for competitive shooting. Within 500 yards, the 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Winchester run about the same except for wind drift. After 500 yards, the 6.5 Creedmoor is ballistically a better cartridge than 308 The 6.5 Creedmoor came onto the scene just about a decade later as a result of the work of Dave Emary of Hornady and Dennis DeMille of Creedmoor Sports, who paired to come up with a long-range target cartridge. The 6.5mm bore diameter was an obvious choice, but the .260 Remington case was too long to allow the use of the high B.C. bullets and.

Apr 13, 2016. #2. 260 and 6.5 creedmoor about same, recoil dependent on bullet weight. 243 least recoil even with 105-108s, barrel life poor when pushed fast. 6.5 creedmoor with 107 or 123 is not far beyond 243 with 108s. 6.5 Creed with 140s is approx 1/2 way between the heavy 6mm and 308 with 150s Kulový lovecký náboj ráže 7x57R. 650,00 Kč. SKLADEM. Náboj 6,5 Creedmoor Hornady Superformance SST 129 gr - 20ks. Lovecký kulový náboj Hornady Superformance SST v ráži 6,5 Creedmoor. 1 150,00 Kč. SKLADEM. Náboj 8x57 JS Geco TM 12,0 g - 20ks. Kulový lovecký náboj ráže 8x57 JS Overall, you should think of the 6.5 Creedmoor as a smaller, lighter, version of the .300 Win Mag. Best of all, the recoil is much, much lighter, and is much more suited to the 6.5 Creedmoor's place as the king of the long-range, AR-compatible, calibers. 6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester Ammunition Ammunition: .308 Wincheste 308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel Life While the two cartridges have a very similar case capacity, throat erosion occurs faster with the 6.5 Creedmoor because it uses a smaller diameter barrel. Simply put, burning the same amount of powder in a smaller space will result in shorter barrel life. This means that, in general, the 6.5 Creedmoor will simply wear out barrels faster than the .308 Winchester.

The .308 Winchester has a slightly longer same case length (1.92″ vs 2.015″), but the 6.5 Creedmoor has a little bit longer overall length (2.825″ vs 2.81″). The 6.5 Creedmoor has a sharper shoulder angle and a slightly less tapered case than the .308. Those traits allow the Creedmoor to use very long, high BC bullets without. The 6.5 Creedmoor produces less recoil energy than the .308 Winchester. I do not find the .308 offensive, but some complain of the effect after a day's shooting. So, there is a definite plus if you are shooting a lot at targets over a long distance and like to lower the shock to the shoulder after firing a few hundred cartridges on a good day

Kaliber 6.5 Creedmoor vs. .308 Win vesab.d

Náboj žene ze zaškrcené, ale nezkrácené (oproti 6,5 mm Creedmoor) nábojnice střelu .308 Win. o hmotnosti 9 g rychlostí 840 m.s-1 s výkonem 3200 J. Je vhodný jak k lovu, tak ke sportovní střelbě. V současnosti je střelivo k dostání od výrobců Hornady, Remington a Federal. 6,5-284 Norm Note that 6.5 Creedmoor is also a barrel burner. You'll only get about 3,000 rounds of good accuracy out of a 6.5CM barrel, vs about 8,000 rounds for .308. So by the time my stash is done my barrel will be close to done, too. The Stalwart: .308 Win Compared to the Hornady .308 Win 178 grain BTHP with a G1 Ballistic Coefficient of .530 and muzzle velocity of 2600 FPS the 6.5 Creedmoor has 110 inches or 9 feet less drop at 1,000 yards. The 6.5 Creedmoor would also experience roughly 13 inches less wind drift at 1,000 yards in a 10 MPH crosswind 308, plus de voix de boulet, douille très facile à avoir, bon calibre de chasse et de tir. 6,5 creedmoor, très bonne balistique. Calibre précis même dans le vent, mais manque de masse pour l'orignal (par contre, tu as déjà ta 30-06). Si tu veux une arme plus pour le tir, 6,5 creedmoor. kinay03

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Win - YouTub

1. RELATED: 6.5 Creedmoor vs. .308 Winchester. 8. 300 PRC. Check Price The 300 PRC is like a short, beltless version of the .300 Win Mag. Hornady
  2. 6,5 Creedmoor: Druh: Náboj vznikl zkrácením nábojnice .308 Winchester na 48,8 mm a stažením jeho krčku pro střelu o průměru 6,72 mm. Tento čistě lovecký náboj byl vyvinutý americkou firmou Hornady v roce 2007. Náboj má tu výhodu, že pro něj je možné komorovat kulovnice s krátkým závěrovým systémem a přitom je.
  3. ing schools to take their kids. Some comparisons are fraudulent, for example, .270 versus .280. On paper, the latter has a slight edge

Ruger American Predator Hunting Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor ~ THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE ACCURATE!! 308 vs 6.5 creedmoor at 1000 yards! Sub MOA plate 500 yards - 6.5 Creedmoor .300 Win Mag .260 Rem .308 Win 30-0 3. Shoot 6.5 Creedmoor with that same 143-gr. Hornady ELD-X and at 400 yards it will drop 4 inches less and drift 3 inches less than a 178-gr. ELD-X fired from a 308 Winchester. At 800 yards the little 140-grain Creedmoor bullet will be packing 86 f-p more energy than the much heavier 308 Win. bullet

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester [2021 Guide] - Gun Advic

Some comparisons are both interesting and valid, such as the .308 versus the 6.5 Creedmoor, hereinafter referred to as the 6.5 CM. The .308 was worked up by U.S. Army Ordnance in the early 1950s for shooting people, and it has excelled at that and every other use to which it has been put Oct 4, 2014. Messages. 27. Hey guys, I've been trying to decide whether to buy the 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 win for a lightweight elk gun. Is the 6.5 Creedmoor enough gun or would I be better off with the 308. I know all about bullet selection for both calibers, i'm looking for real life experiences with both calibers for elk. Oct 21, 2016 Will a 308 Action Work for 6.5 Creedmoor? As both the .308 Winchester and the 6.5mm Creedmoor cartridges work in short actions, and use the same .470 +/- bolt face, a .308 Winchester action or rifle will work with a barrel chambered for 6.5mm Creedmoor cartridges

6.5 Creedmoor VS .308 Winchester (Ballistics and Accuracy ..

These are the best 6.5 Creedmoor rifle options on the market today. No rifle round on the market today is more controversial than 6.5 Creedmoor. The debates over this round vs .308 Winchester are already legendary. However, today we're not here to talk about that debate. That is something for a whole other article I have a 110 Tactical in .308 and enjoy it. I suggest that if you don't know why you need 6.5 over .308 - or vice versa - that you would be well served by either caliber. I chose .308 because it's cheaper to reload and 99% of my shooting maxes out at 600 yards The easiest answer is 6.5 Creedmoor. You will experience less wind drift, and less recoil for pretty reasonable barrel life. I am going to be shooting a lot more of the 308 Winchester this year, and I kind of touch on it in the latest podcast 6.5 will surpass the .308 much sooner than you seem to think, especially in the Creedmoor load. The 6.5 will shoot flatter, have better energy down range, carry that energy better and has less recoil. The .308 has better projectile selection, and can be a one and done with the .300 Research shows more marketing around the 6.5 Creedmoor which can complicate the discussion. Despite the data, it still boils down to personal preference. The popularity of the new .308 Winchester cartridge gradually increased as hunters and shooters realized the accuracy and power of the cartridge

The 6.5 CM's nail-like bullet's weight is distributed in such a way that promotes deep penetration within soft tissue, a requisite for lethal terminal performance. The 6.5 CM delivers significantly less bullet drop than the 308 Win beginning at 500 yards, and is also less susceptible to wind deflection. Other 6.5 CDMR Attribute Id go 6.5 Creedmoor. Its a much higher co-efficient bullet at the same velocity or faster which is going to make it flatter shooting than the 308 and hit with more energy further down range. It will have less recoil and ive heard it has better barrel life Benelli Lupo rifle is now offered in three additional calibers, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 Win. and .243 Win., joining the three original calibers of .30-06 Springfield. Similar to the differences between the .223/5.56 and .308/7.62 NATO. The 6.5 Grendel is based on the Russian military 7.62×39 case; while the 6.5 Creedmoor is based on the .308 Winchester (7.62×51)case. The 6.5 Grendel was designed for use in AR15's; while the 6.5 Creedmoor fits AR-10 types of platforms About The 6.5 Creedmoor. Introduced to the market by Hornady in 2007, 6.5 Creedmoor is a development of .30 Thompson Center which was also based on .308 Winchester. At first, Hornady attempted to produce a round that possesses the length of .308 Winchester while boasting the strength of .30-06 Springfield

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 - A Rifle Caliber Compariso

6.5 creedmoor vs 308 winchester! 9 088 просмотров 9 тыс. просмотров. Bullets4Bucks is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide income. Disclosure: Some products are provided by companies or friends for testing and evaluation Winchester touts the .350 Legend as designed for deer hunting out to 250 yards. The MPBR numbers say that this is a substantial over-reach, for all the Legend loads, which have MPBRs between 185 and 204 yards. Among the cartridges compared, only the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC loads approach being 250 yard cartridges. Trajector M1A Shoot Off - 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 308. August 12th, 2019. 4 minute read. By JC Dodge. A Self-Defense Precision Rifle (SDPR) should have a number of qualities, the highest of which is pinpoint accuracy at realistic ranges (max distance you can ID a threat). As a survivalist, I consider a realistic range for a self-defense rifle to be a good. The 6.5 Creedmoor and the .308 Winchester are two of the very best big-game cartridges, and both are more than capable at long range. But only one can win this showdown. Follow all of our cartridge comparisons, including the .30/06 Vs. .300 Winchester Magnum, the .270 Winchester Vs. 7mm Remington Magnum, the 6.5 Creedmoor Vs 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 / 260 Rem - AR15.COM creedmoor 308 6mm vs 26 nosler cartridge 260 rem precisionrifleblog range accuracy much matter does difference between hits FN Unveils MK48 Machine Gun in 6.5 Creedmoor - Page 4.

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester - YouTub

6.5 Creedmoor loads can reach one thousand yards with less than three hundred inches of drop with proper windage. This is true of just about any ammo, particularly Hornady 178 grain HPBT, that is used with a 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge. .308 Win doesn't hold a candle to that kind of figure Ale na konci dne se musíte zeptat. Co dělá 6,5 creedmoor, že 308 / 7,62 x 51 mm nemůže. Děrování otvorů v papíru v mírně delším rozsahu. A to je o tom. O tom všichni mluví. O tom každý vždy mluví. O kolik lepší je to na 1 000 yardech a dále. Nebudete lovit v této vzdálenosti The 6.5 Creedmoor is the offspring of the .30 T/C cartridge—which itself was a shortened .308—and offers a wonderful low-recoil experience with the capability of being a long-range cartridge that will fulfill the needs of almost all shooters. The Creedmoor case is shorter than the .308 family—1.920″ vs. 2.035″ for our comparative. The DD5V4 Hunter is a hard-hitting, fast-handling rifle capable of taking down any North American big-game animal. It has all the reliability, accuracy, and precision you need to harvest that trophy you've dreamt of. The DD5V4 Hunter, chambered in .260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor, or .308 Winchester, provides users of the Daniel Defense semi-automatic platform even greater long-range precision. .308 vs. 6.5 Creedmoor: Which is the Better Cartridge? by Eric Conn When it comes to American big-game hunting rounds, the .30-caliber cartridges have always played a dominant role—.30-06, .300 Win. Mag., and perhaps the most versatile and popular of all, the .308 Win

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester 【Comparison of Accuracy ..

Rather, all the attention seems to be on .308 vs. 30-06 or .308 vs .270. or .308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor. Well, we're going to change that today. Back in the day, there was previously little debate about which calibers to use for hunting.That's because the .30-30 Winchester by way and large the most popular choice for deer hunting, and the .30-06 Springfield was by far the most popular for larger. Trajectory comparision between Hornady's 6.5 Creedmoor 147 gr ELD Match and 6.5 PRC 147 gr ELD Match. Both have identical bullets, with an identical .697 ballistic coefficent. Yet, thanks to a greater velocity, the 6.5 PRC outperforms the Creedmoor downrange. It doesn't take a Camp Perry shooter to realize this is a boon to precision shooters Not so with the Creedmoor, because of the 1:8-inch twist. As you can see, the 6.5 Creedmoor quickly makes up the 330 fps deficit in muzzle velocity it has with the .264 Win. Mag. There is also very little difference in the trajectory of each cartridge despite the 330 fps difference Winchester StaBALL 6.5 is now on my short-list for loading the Creedmoor Class of cartridges. Since I have rifles in 6mm Creedmoor, 25 Creedmoor, and 6.5 Creedmoor, this will keep me busy for a LONG time. My next loads with StaBALL 6.5 will involve heavy-for-class bullets (like the Berger 153.3 grain 6.5mm bullet for 6.5 Creedmoor) 6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester. 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Accuracy - The lower recoil 6.5 Creedmoor is ballistically superior to the 308 Winchester. The 6.5 Creedmoor shoots flatter with less wind drift than .308 Winchester. The .308 Winchester is a medium range rifle cartridge where as the 6.5 Creedmoor is a 1000 yard rifle cartridge

6.5 Creedmoor vs .308 Winchester por The Gun Zone ..

The 6.5 Creedmoor version, however, has no step, and is a heavy barrel contour all the way down. FN SCAR barrel contours, 6.5 CM (left), .308 Win (right). (image courtesy JWT for thetruthaboutguns.com) Twenty inches away from the closed bolt face is the Surefire Pro Comp muzzle brake. That was a smart choice by FN The reliable performance of the original T/C® COMPASS® rifle - now with Thompson/Center's Generation II trigger system. T/C® COMPASS® II is a feature-rich rifle that is packed with value. From the range, to the fields to the mountains, any pursuit, at any budget. YouTube. Thompson/Center Arms. 8.02K subscribers. Subscribe 308 Vs. 30-06 Size. These two bullets are of the same diameter, .308-inches, to be precise. On the length, however, the .308 Winchester is shorter. The 30-06 is 2.48-inches long, whereas the 308 is only 2.015-inches in length. The reduced size is what attracted the military to the .308 Win. Let us put the choice into context 6.5 creedmoor vs .308 HUNTING ONLY. Pretty much the title. I know the whole 6.5 creedmoor vs .308 thing is beat to death, but from my hours of research on the topic I couldn't get a super straight answer hunting/lethality wise. .308 has more energy and can shoot heavier bullets, 6.5 creedmoor has a better sectional density making for supposedly. The Steyr THB (Tactical Heavy Barrel) brings the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge to the platform for long-range shooters and competitors. The 6.5 CDM comes standard with a green, glass-reinforced polymer, ventilated stock that is weather-resistant and exceptionally durable, and the .308 Win. comes standard with a black synthetic stock